- Fiege (Pty) Ltd (Fiege/ We/ Our/Us”) is a private company (registration number 2020/746800/07), registered in South Africa, with its office at 4 Antrasiet Street Roodekrans.
- We operate the the website www.fiege.co.za (“Website”), [ referred to as the “Site”]. Except as set in this Privacy Notice, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personal information collected at the Sites.
- We respect your privacy and will protect your personal information. Fiege considers important and protects the privacy interests and personal information of visitors to and users of (“users/ you/ your”) the Site. This Privacy Notice will help you understand our privacy practices and what Personal Information we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
- Our Privacy Notice has been developed to provide a framework for the appropriate level of privacy protection and represents our commitment to compliance with South African & International data protection legislation and any other applicable worldwide data protection laws, to try and achieve the highest standards in protecting your personal information.
- Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions by submitting a request through the “Help Center” form on our Sites.
- This Privacy Notice should be read together with and as part of our Terms, which can also be found on the Site.
- Words, phrases and expressions which are used in this Privacy Notice will have the meanings given to them in the Terms, unless it is stated otherwise.
Acceptance of Privacy Notice
- By submitting your details or visiting or using the Site you accept this Privacy Notice and updates thereto and expressly consent to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information in the way described herein. If you object to any of the potential uses described in this Privacy Notice please do not use or register on the Sites.
- We review our privacy policies regularly and occasionally may need to change or update them. The most current version of this Privacy Notice will always be posted under the Privacy Notice tab of the Site and will be effective from the date of posting.
- You agree that you will check the Privacy Notice from time to time. By continuing to access and/or use the Site after we make changes to this Privacy Notice, you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy notice. If you do not agree to the Privacy Notice from time to time, you should stop using the Site.
Personal information is any information that identifies or relates specifically to you, including, for example, Your name, age and identity number, your contact address, your location, your banking details, your identification number and contact numbers. In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
- Personal Information may be collected by Fiege or on behalf of Fiege either from You, the documentation you provide to us or from information about you that is publicly available as well as from third parties from whom we are authorised by you or entitled by law to collect.
- We may combine Personal Information collected from all sources with other information in its possession for the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice.
- You understand and agree that when you register on and use our Site you become a customer of Fiege.
Personal Information collected
- Personal Information you give us directly.
- When you register and create or update your Account on the Site, we require you to provide us with basic identification and contact information which includes but is not limited to your name and surname, email address, mobile number, login name and password, physical address, payment, credit card details or banking information, identification numbers, birth date and delivery information. Sometimes we may collect “special categories of Personal Information” about you with your explicit consent. This will include all information given to us in the course of your use of the Site and Services and the purchase of Products, and any personal information you give us in your capacity as a user and our customer.
- We also collect Personal Information you provide us when you sign up for a marketing newsletter, complete a survey, enter a competition.
- Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement, is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our Terms that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
- Information required and given when you Contact us, including for customer support. We want to provide you with the best possible service, so calls to Fiege will be recorded and/or monitored for quality checks and staff training. Recordings may also be used to help us combat fraud.
- Personal Information we collect automatically
- We collect the following information when you visit and use our Site and Services:
- Location information – depending on the Services that you use, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WIFI.
- Transaction information – We collect transaction details relating to your use of Our Site and Services, Products purchased, (including the type of Services and Products you requested, date and time of the Service, and number of Products).
- Device information – We may collect information about the devices you use to access and use Our Site.
- Log information – information about your interaction with and access to the Site.
- Information from referring websites/applications.
- Information about how you use our or a third party’s services and products, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the type of product you buy, or the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Your Personal Information is also collected when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with our customer service teams.
- We track the Products you buy when you click on one of our display adverts and go on to purchase something from a selection of our products.
- We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
- When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business / organisation.
- We collect the following information when you visit and use our Site and Services:
- Personal Information we collect from other sources.
- We collect Personal Information from other sources including our trusted partnerships with third-parties and where we operate accounts on third-party platforms: For example, when you use the “like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+.
- We receive information about you and other visitors’ interactions with our advertising to measure whether our advertising is relevant and successful.
- We collect information about you and your activities from a third-party when we jointly offer services or products, or from third-party data analytics and enrichment providers who may deliver insights to us about the Personal Information we hold.
- We collect information from Delivery Agents and payment processors, marketing service providers, third party business partners and relevant governmental departments.
What purpose do we use your Personal Information for
- To provide you with the Services which you request.
- To verify your identity for security purposes.
- To market our Sites and Services, and the Products of third-party Sellers.
- In other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. For example, we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice.
- To process your payments, if you purchase Products, to provide you with your order status, deal with your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints.
- To facilitate delivery.
- To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests.
- To develop and improve the products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our Sites.
- For the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered.
- To communicate information to you and to manage your registration on our Site and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications.
- To manage our everyday business needs regarding your participation in our contests, or promotional activities.
- To authenticate the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise.
- For internal training and quality assurance purposes.
- To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of consumers, to improve our Site, our Services, and/or developing new products and services.
- To provide personalised Services, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you.
- If you have asked to receive emails or SMS communications from us, we track whether you open, read or click on the content to see what you are interested in so that we can give you more content that we think you are more likely to enjoy. We use this data to profile your likes and dislikes.
- Based on this profile information, we may also give you advertising that we think you will like and want to see as you view content from us or from our network of publishers that we advertise with. Sometimes, with your consent, we may use your current location to serve advertising to you that is to do with promotions or events that are happening nearby that we think you might be interested in.
- We may also use information you have provided to selected third-parties and consented to be shared, like your age, gender, life stage, lifestyle and wider interests to identify people who we think will have similar interests to you and who we believe will be interested in similar advertising.
- Information we collect about your computer, which may at times be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information and to otherwise administer our Sites.
- Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
- Your domain name and e-mail address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not identified in this Privacy Notice. This information is used:
- You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us or our affiliated companies, or direct that we not share your information with any affiliated companies.
- We may use, transfer and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose, such as analysing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
Who will your Personal Information be shared with?
- You agree that We may disclose Your personal information to the following persons:
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. we use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. It is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Your Personal Information will also be used by us or shared with our sponsors, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third-parties in connection with marketing, promotional, data enrichment and other offers, as well as product information, product development and development and expansion of our Services.
Your Personal Information will be used by us or shared within our group of companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, your Personal Information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice.
If another entity acquires us, our businesses or substantially all or part of our assets, or assets related to our Site and/ or Services, your Personal Information will be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets.
In the event of insolvency, business rescue or reorganization proceedings being brought by or against us, all such Personal Information will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible, they will be sold or transferred to third-parties.
We will ensure that all of our employees, Delivery Agents, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and third party business partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding obligations in relation to the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information and are restricted in their processing thereof as per this Privacy Notice.
Financial information relating to your credit cards
- We keep your financial information encrypted and stored on third party payment processor servers.
- We only store a token associated with those card details on our servers.
- Access to your information is restricted to authorised staff only.
- If we ask you questions about your financial information, we shall show partial detail [the first four or the last four digits of the debit or credit card number, only enough to identify the card(s) to which we refer.
How long do we keep your Personal Information for
- We keep information, which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
- We may keep Personal Information for longer, but only if it is relevant and necessary.
Access to your personal information
- You may at any time request:
- confirmation that we hold your personal information;
- access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- the identities or categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information; or
- that we correct or delete any personal information that is incomplete, misleading, inaccurate, excessive or out of date
- Requests must be made in writing to email@example.com.
What are your rights
- You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your Personal Information and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
- You may at all times choose to opt out of any marketing communication or newsletter. Every marketing communication sent to You will contain an “unsubscribe” link. You may also opt out by registering Your opt out on the “Do Not Contact “List held by the Direct Marketing Association of South Africa or otherwise in terms of the relevant privacy legislation. Where You have elected to opt out of any direct marketing being sent to You by advising Us, such opt out will be recorded by Us and We will no longer send direct marketing to You. You may also always opt out of Push notifications from us by disallowing them on Your mobile phone settings.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a Regulatory Authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with any local Regulatory Authority about how we process your Personal Information.
How We hold personal information securely
- We will treat Your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this Privacy Notice.
- In all circumstances the information is held by us on our secure systems. We take all reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational steps to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, loss, interference, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access.
- Our security systems are in line with industry standards and We monitor developments to ensure that our security systems evolve, as required. We also test our systems regularly.
- Personal information is destroyed or anonymised when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
- We will promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
- We may store your personal information with the web-hosting service provider appointed by us from time to time. The storage may be in South Africa or in another country.
- Where storage is in another country, your personal information will be stored in a jurisdiction that has equivalent, or better, data protection legislation than South Africa or with a service provider which is subject to an agreement requiring it to observe data protection requirements equivalent to or better than those applicable in South Africa.
- Notwithstanding the above, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through email. If You have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), You must immediately notify Us of the problem by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer and Indemnity
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence or non compliance with applicable laws.
- If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as an entity which operates a website or mobile application linked to the Site or anyone other than Fiege, Fiege SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION TO THE THIRD PARTY. This is because we do not regulate or control how that third party uses your personal information. You should always ensure that you read the Privacy Notice of any third party.
- The Site is not directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and We request that such individuals not use the Site and not provide personal information through the Site.
- Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to register for the Service, or use the Site in anyway.
- If a user attempts to register and inputs a birthdate validating them younger than 18 years of age, their personal information is not stored and they are directed off the platform.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com